1) Gluten-Free Thin Mints (1 of 10)
1) Gluten-Free Thin Mints(1 of 10)
When Girl Scout cookie time rolls around, satisfy your cookie cravings with these gluten-free thin mints. They bake in less than 10 minutes and taste just as good – better, in fact – than real Girl Scout cookies.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 pound dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- Prepare the cookie mixture and roll it flat, cutting it into small circles approximately ¼-inch thick.
- Place the circles on cookie trays lined with parchment paper and bake for 7 minutes at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let cookies cool completely and drench them in the glaze, placing them on new sheets of parchment paper to harden.