4) Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies (4 of 10)
4) Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies(4 of 10)
These buttery gluten-free sugar cookies don’t break or crumble beneath the weight of a colorful frosting or glaze.
- 6 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar in a mixing bowl, then beat in the egg.
- Sift dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl and slowly mix with wet ingredients.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, up to 3 days.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit on lined cookie trays.