1) Chicken Chili (1 of 6)
1) Chicken Chili(1 of 6)
Servings: 5 – 6
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons of chopped and fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 cans of undrained great northern beans
- 1 cup of chopped green bell peppers
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 pounds of boneless and skinless breast meat that has been cubed
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Total time: 45 minutes
- Take a large skillet and place this on medium high heat and put in vegetable oil as well as chicken. Cook this and stir occasionally until the even browning of the pieces.
- Stir the onions in and cook until they have become translucent. Drain the moisture and then set this aside.
- Take a large saucepan and place this on medium heat. Boil the green bell peppers and chicken broth. Stir in crushed red pepper, cilantro, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and 1 can of great northern beans.
- Stir the onion and chicken mixture in and then reduce the heat. Simmer this for around 30 minutes or more and add in the rest of the beans cans so that the consistency can be thicker.