Beef Tenderloin Steak With Balsamic Tomatoes (6 of 6)
Beef Tenderloin Steak With Balsamic Tomatoes(6 of 6)
- Balsamic vinegar, ½ cup
- Seeded tomato (coarsely chopped), 1/3 cup
- Olive oil, 2 tsp
- 2 Beef tenderloin steak, cut ¾ inch thick
- Fresh thyme, 1 tsp
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add vinegar to a saucepan and bring it to a gentle boil. Adjust heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes until reduced to ¼ cup.
- Stir tomatoes in vinegar and set aside.
- Trim steak fat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add steak.
- Cook over med-high heat. Continue cooking for 8-10 minutes on each to cook well.
- Remove from the stove when it reaches your desired doneness.
- To serve, spoon vinegar reduction along with tomatoes over the steak.
- Sprinkle with additional pepper and thyme on top before serving.