Burnt-Butter Oysters (2 of 6)
Burnt-Butter Oysters(2 of 6)
This is one luxurious recipe that you will be trying out! Cooked oysters drizzled with caramel butter and a hint of lemon flavor is definitely going to blow you away with its exotic features. Follow the recipe and prepare tonight for the dinner for two.
- 8 rock oysters, cleaned
- Rock salt
- Butter (unsalted), 1/3 cup
- Tobacco sauce
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Set the oven to preheat at 400 degrees F.
- Place rock salt in an oven-proof frying pan and set to bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove, place oysters on top carefully and return back to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping. Use a frying pan to melt butter over medium head.
- Cook for 2 minutes until golden brown. Add a few drops of tobacco sauce and turn off the stove.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and swirl to combine all flavors. Set aside.
- Use a blunt knife of special oyster knife to open the lever. Beware of steam.
- Place the bottom shells with oysters in a serving platter and generously drizzle burnt butter topping on the top. Serve right away and enjoy.