Shrimp And Lemon Scampi (5 of 6)
Shrimp And Lemon Scampi(5 of 6)
- Olive oil, 2 tbsp
- Dry white wine, 2 tbsp
- Garlic (minced), 2 cloves
- Lemon peel (finely shredded), 1 tsp
- Salt, 1/8 tsp
- Crushed red pepper, 1/6 tsp
- Frozen or fresh jumbo shrimp (deveined, peeled), 1 lb
- Fresh parsley, 1 tsp
- Lemon wedges
- To prepare the marinade, combine wine, olive oil, lemon peel, garlic, crushed red pepper, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Thaw shrimp leaving the tails intact. Rinse and pat dry. Place them in a large sealable bag.
- Pour the marinade in and shake to toss well. Set to refrigerate for an hour.
- Set the broiler to preheat setting. Remove shrimp from the marinade. Do not discard the marinade.
- Place shrimp on the unheated broiler pan rack. Set to broil for 2 minutes 4 inches away from heat. Turn, brush the marinade and continue to broil for another 2-4 minutes until shrimp are opaque.
- Place shrimp on a serving platter. Squeeze some lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges on the side and parsley on the top.