Bruschetta With Mozzarella, Basil And Tomatoes (3 of 6)
Bruschetta With Mozzarella, Basil And Tomatoes(3 of 6)
You cannot go wrong with this one. The refreshing and fulfilling flavors are definitely going to fill you up before you could finish the last piece. If you are planning for a special dinner for two tonight, this recipe can definitely make up to your list of favorites.
- Whole tomatoes (drained), 1 can
- Fresh basil leaves (washed and spun dried), 1 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil, 4 tbsp
- Garlic, 6 cloves
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large sized French baguette, 1” each
- Mozzarella cheese (fresh, sliced into ¼” chunks), 1 ½ lbs
- Set the oven to preheat at 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor bowl, add tomatoes, olive oil, basil leaves and 2 cloves garlic. Process until well combined and chunky.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Line up baguette slices on a prepared baking sheet.
- Set in the oven for toasting for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Rub the remaining garlic on the toasted side of the slice and lay a few pieces of mozzarella cheese.
- Black back and let the cheese melt for about 50 seconds.
- Remove from oven and spread the tomato mixture on the top. transfer to a serving platter and garnish with more basil leaves.
- Enjoy warm and crispy.