1) Blue Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms (1 of 6)
1) Blue Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms(1 of 6)
- 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
- 3 ounces of blue cheese
- 3 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 clove of sliced garlic
- ½ diced onion
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 6 large mushrooms
- 3 strips of bacon
Total time: 40 minutes
- Cook the bacon strips on medium heat using a large skillet until they become crispy. Drain the oil with paper towels.
- While cooking the bacon, remove the stems from the mushrooms and set the caps aside. Then, chop the stems up.
- In a skillet, add butter and bacon grease. When the butter has melted, stir the garlic, onion, and mushroom stems in. Let this cook, stirring as frequently as possible. Continue until the onions are caramelized. This may take 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Use cooking spray to spray a small baking dish with.
- Once your onion mixture has become a rich and deep brown color, place this in a blender along with bread crumbs, blue cheese, cream cheese, and bacon. Blend this mixture on a low until the ingredients become roughly chopped up and combined evenly.
- Stuff the cheese mixture into the mushroom caps and then place this in the baking dish that you prepared.
- Bake this in your preheated oven until it becomes lightly browned and bubbly. This may take around 10 to 15 minutes.