1) Fried Brussels Sprout Egg Hash (1 of 4)
1) Fried Brussels Sprout Egg Hash(1 of 4)
People on the Paleo diet or people looking for healthy, yet tasty food should try to cook this recipe at home. The combination of bacon, butternut squash, and Brussels sprouts is out of this world.
Plus, you may even get your children to eat this dish. Cook this delicious and healthy dish in your today!
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1/2 butternut squash (cubed, peeled, and seeded)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 12 oz. of Brussels sprouts (sliced and stemmed)
- 1 tbsp of virgin olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 3 eggs
- In a pan, place the bacon, cooking it until it is completely crisp.
- Crumble the bacon on a paper towel.
- Set aside 1 tbsp of bacon grease in the pan and throw away the rest.
- Place garlic, butternut squash, and red onion in the pan and cook it for 7 minutes, until you feel it soften.
- Add Brussels sprouts and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Season the sprouts with salt and black pepper and sauté them for 8 minutes, until they start to become tender.
- In the pan, add the bacon bits and stir to incorporate them together.
- Make 3 wells in the pan and crack the three eggs into each well opening.
- Cover the pan with the lid to allow the eggs to cook.
- Serve it warm.