6) Zucchini Pasta (6 of 6)
6) Zucchini Pasta(6 of 6)
- 3 tbspn olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves, minced
- 1 cup basil leave, minced
- 1/2 tspn red pepper
- 1/2 tspn pepper
- 3/4 pound whole-wheat fettuccini
- 2 green zucchini
- 2 yellow zucchini
- In large pot, cook pasta “al dente”, 1 or 2 minutes less than the package instructions call for.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise.Then slice into 1/8 in. slices.
- Stack slices and cut in half lengthwise.
- In pasta pot, heat olive oil over low-medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and 1/4 cup broth over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Return pasta to pot and add remaining chicken stock. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup cheese, parsley, basil, pepper, and toss.
- Season with salt.