4) Frozen Lemon Mouse (4 of 5)
4) Frozen Lemon Mouse(4 of 5)
A tangy and sweet option for your guests!
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 large egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- In a saucepan combine fresh lemon juice, yolks, and sugar. Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat, until the mixture thickens, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour through a strainer into a large bowl to remove any lumps.
- Add the butter and stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic against the surface of the mixture to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Beat the cream with a whisk or an electric mixer to form stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chilled lemon mixture until well combined.
- Divide into a muffin tin with paper liners or six 4-ounce ramekins and freeze for about 2 hours.