1) Lemon Almond Macaroons (1 of 5)
1) Lemon Almond Macaroons(1 of 5)
If you're still deciding what meal to make this Easter, look no further..we've got the third course ready for you. These five recipes are simple and won't take up your whole day.
- 1 14-ounce package sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- Heat oven to 325° F. In a large bowl, combine coconut, almonds, sugar, lemon zest, and salt.
- Mix in egg whites.
- Drop a mound of the mixture, about 2 tablespoons, onto 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 1½ inches apart.
- Bake, switching the baking sheets halfway through, until the edges begin to brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.