Mushrooms and Goat Cheese (1 of 10)
Mushrooms and Goat Cheese(1 of 10)
We’ve made a lot of sloppy omelets over the years, so we’re pretty impressed with this restaurant-quality, picture-perfect omelet stuffed with savory mushrooms and creamy goat cheese. Chopped parsley creates an attractive garnish and lends a hint of color to this delicious omelet.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 ounces of sliced mushrooms, any variety
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons of goat cheese
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado, diced
- Salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- Add the olive oil to a medium skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender and brown.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel, and spray it with cooking spray. Preheat the pan over medium heat until you are ready to prepare your omelet.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture into the preheated pan, and cook until the edges begin to set. Lift the edges of the egg with a rubber spatula to keep it from sticking to the pan, and remove the omelet.
- Layer mushrooms, spinach, goat cheese, veggies, and avocado on one half of your omelet and fold. Top with parsley, if desired.