3) Rainbow Cupcakes (3 of 5)
3) Rainbow Cupcakes(3 of 5)
- 2 boxes white cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 egg whites
- Food coloring (red, yellow, green, blue)
- 2 containers vanilla frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place muffin cups in muffin pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mixes, water, oil and egg whites until blended.
- Divide batter among 6 separate bowls. You will color each bowl a different color.
- Follow these food coloring instructions:For red, add 18 drops red food color. Orange: 4 drops red and 12 drops yellow. Yellow: 12 drops yellow. Green: 12 drops green. Blue: 12 drops blue. Purple: 9 drops red and 6 drops blue.
- In each muffin cup, place 1 tablespoon red batter. Add about 1 tablespoon of each remaining color batter until you have added all 6 colors.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and then frost.
- How fun!