6) Spicy Chickpea Nuts (6 of 14)
6) Spicy Chickpea Nuts(6 of 14)
Any type of nuts is great for those looking to shed weight and stick to a healthier routine. So, when you are craving a salty snack, try this roasted chickpeas recipe. This recipe contains little fat and tastes incredible as well. The crispiness of these spicy chickpeas will make for a perfect lunchtime snack for those looking for a delicious, full filling, and healthy meal.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and place the rack in the upper-third section.
- Dry the rinsed chickpeas and place in a bowl.
- Toss with oil, marjoram, cumin, salt, and allspice.
- Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and make sure you keep stirring occasionally.
- When browned and crunchy, take them out of the oven.
- Let them cool and enjoy for lunch.