6) Gluten-Free Cherry Coconut Cookies (6 of 10)
6) Gluten-Free Cherry Coconut Cookies(6 of 10)
Homemade nut meal makes these gluten-free cherry coconut cookies amazing. The cookies are chewy but not gooey, so they’re great for on-the-go snacking.
- 1½ cups walnuts (divided)
- 1½ cups oatmeal
- ½ cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup tart dried cherries
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil (liquid)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toast walnuts for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Process 1 cup of toasted walnuts with gluten-free oats until crumbly. Be careful not to process the ingredients too long or they will turn into nut butter.
- Add remaining ½ cup of toasted walnuts, plus the other ingredients, to your homemade nut meal.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.