2) Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (2 of 10)
2) Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies(2 of 10)
There are tons of gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipes floating around the Internet, but there aren’t many good ones. Some gluten-free cookies are dry and crumbly, while others have the right texture but a bean-like aftertaste.
Then there are these amazing gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. They’re rich and chewy, and they won’t fall apart if you dunk them in a glass of milk. They taste just like regular chocolate chip cookies, minus the gluten of course.
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups rice flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Beat eggs and set aside. Cream brown sugar and white sugar in a bowl with the melted butter and combine with the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Slowly pour in the egg, butter, and sugar mixture. Add vanilla and milk, then stir in the semisweet chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour, longer if desired. Bake cookies at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 14 minutes.