2) Dried Cherry Popover (2 of 5)
2) Dried Cherry Popover(2 of 5)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon, granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and 1/3 cup of the sugar. Whisk in the flour until no lumps remain.
- Whisk in the milk and melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and scatter cherries over the top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and bake until puffed and golden, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.